Traditional advertising has now become less effective in bringing new business to home services companies. Instead of putting all your ad spend in newspaper advertising, it’s high time you build a strong presence online.
Everyone’s spending more time online anyway, so why not take advantage of it in putting your services in the mainstream?
In this post, we outline 5 key strategies that help you create an online brand that appeals to your target clients.
1. Get Active on Social Media
Social media is one great platform that lets you connect, communicate, and interact with your audience directly. You can even personalize your messaging based on your target customers’ needs and interests.
Here are some tips on how you can maximize social media to boost your brand:
- Create your business pages on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn (consider which platform can give you the best access to your customers). Each platform is different, so know where your target audience frequents most.
- Communicate and engage with your audience regularly. Post updates in a friendly and approachable manner.
- Use social media as your customer service platform.
- Post informative and entertaining content. It makes you more human to your audience.
2. Build a Functional Website
A great website is easy to navigate and is beautifully designed. A professional looking site must also have all the information your customers would need to learn about your company and what services you offer.
A functional website has:
- A landing page – This page must contain company information and why you’re different from your competitors.
- Content – Produce content that your target audience will find useful and relevant in their everyday life.
- Service pages – Create individual pages for every service you provide. Explain the type of service you offer.
3. Produce Content Regularly.
Consistency is key in content marketing. The more often you provide relevant and substantial information, the more likely you are to get the attention of site visitors to your site. You can post content in various formats, including articles, infographics, videos, photos, and many others.
- Some reminders when publishing content:
- Factor in the interests of your audience.
- Consider which type of content format appeals to your target customers. Do they respond better to long-form blog articles or 30-second videos?
- Repost industry news on your website or social media pages.
4. Get Under Your Customer’s Skin
Always remember that your customers should be the center of your marketing strategy. It should revolve around your customers’ desires, pain points, and challenges. Take time to deeply understand what they need. It helps to create buyer personas of different customers you want to reach out to.
Here are other tips to know your customers better:
Study your target market. Find out their likes and dislikes, what they’re interested in, their struggles, etc. Create content based on this information.
Talk to your customers. Have a conversation with the people who’ve used your services to discover their traits and personality.
5. Track and Measure Results.
Create a process of evaluating your strategies and measuring results. Digging into the conversion rates is the only way to gauge the effectiveness of your strategies. Plus, you can’t correct what you don’t measure. Set aside time each week (or month) to review your analytics and see how people are engaging with your website.
Developing a strong digital marketing plan takes time and effort. However, it’s a necessary investment if you want to reach more customers and grow your company. Following these tips will help you get started in the right direction.
HomeAnother is here to help you craft a solid marketing gameplan. We have the SEO experts, web developers, content writers, and social media specialists who can help you launch and sustain your brand in the world wide web.
Contact us today and let us know how we can help you.